Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Friday, August 17, 2007

Notice any thing different?



No not the boat silly...We have gained a new family member! Meet Fletcher, our new 3yr old weimaraner. We adopted him last Wednesday evening from a sweet family who just wanted him to have more love and attention then they could currently give him (Fletcher's First Family).

Surprisingly Fletcher seems to be adjusting extremely well to his new family. He has now become part of our daily routine to take and pick up William from school. All I do is open the back of the explore and he jumps in! He also sits and shakes on command...he does not lick and does not jump on people. He has got a great temperament and I don't even think 'non-dog lovers' could not like this dog!

All this to say, I some how feel we have 'cheated' the system and apart of me feels guilty about it! We are benefiting from someone else's blood, sweat, and tears...someone else's years of dedication. It's like getting a child who is already potty trained and who already says "Yes ma am and Yes sir". Do ya get what I am saying? It just doesn't seem right to me!

We took him to the river house this weekend and he seems to love riding on the boat. He was a little unsure about getting in the boat for the first time but he is an old pro now at loading and unloading. I think he likes the wind in his face : )


We feel extremely blessed and lucky to have such a great, new addition to the family.

Can't wait for you to meet him!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Congrats on the new addition - Fletch was my sister-in-law's ... she did pour lots and lots of hard work and LOVE into him! And I know he will be missed so much by them. But, I'm glad to see he has a boy and his family to love him! Enjoy him - he IS a GREAT dog!