Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, August 27, 2007

This Day...


Today, for many mothers across Texas is a day of bitter-sweet emotions. And although my time has not fully come yet to experience these emotions, I no longer can pretend that this day is a spec in the far distance.


By nature, some may say I tend to be emotional...I like to call it 'tender hearted'. Either way, as I listen to the mothers on the radio, calling in to report how they 'let go' and dealt with this day, I can't help but think about how this day will play out for us next year. And why is this day so difficult for so many?


Our little Superman started 'Pre-K' today. Although, he has been in a school environment for the last 2 years, today he moved to a new class room, with a new teacher, and started wearing an overpriced uniform. I did not get choked up or teary-eyed...this year. But as I think about next year, holding his little hand, walking him to his first day of Kindergarten, wearing his first 'big boy' backpack filled with his new school supplies, and dropping him off in a big school...I have a feeling that a lump is certain to develop in my throat and most likely water works will follow soon after on the walk home.


But just as my mother said about child birth, 'millions of women do it each year, if they can do it, you can do it'. And as for the question 'why is this day so difficult for so many?'...I have a good feeling I could speculate correctly on this one, but I will wait till next year to report the facts.

No comments: