Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

2 Whole Days!

It's official...I have officially moved to Part Time. Of course not as a mother but as a 'Career Woman'. And although this is only my first week to try it on for size, I am already loooving it. And for those of you (specifically the Men-- am I being Sexist?) who possibly might start thinking 'of course she's loving it since she now will be enjoying cherry bon bons, Mani-Pedis, and shopping galore'...let me stop you by saying 'Don't even go there'.
I have heard it all...from 'Ohhh, it must be nice not having to work FT' to 'What are you going to do now with all your free time, relax?'

These are some of the reasons why I love it:
  • Trips to Wally World (or 'Wal-hell' as my precious husband calls it) are made early in the day when check out lines are near nonexistent...no longer at 10 o'clock at night.

  • Laundry is now done in one day instead of spreading it across 3 or 4 days.

  • Boxes are starting to be unpacked that were packed back in January.

  • Toys and clothing are being donated and moved out of our house.

  • Little Superman is picked up earlier from school and we now have more one on one time.

  • And my house is clean, not just picked up, but cleaaann..oh how I love the smell of Clorox Clean Up!

Two whole days to take care of household tasks...I know that some of you are thinking, 'Are you telling me that you never shop or do anything other than clean?' I admit, 6 hrs a month I attend a MOPs group, 3hrs every 2 months I get my hair done, and occasionally I do shop...its hard to pass up a good Sale!

All this to say, I am just grateful that now I have more time to take care of my family...and no its not all about shopping (just a little bit about shopping ; )

1 comment:

Crystal Salinas-Valdez said...

I hear you...for all the men out there who think we sit home and watch TV...have they ever wondered just they came home to a clean home and dinner on the table..it wasnt because we were sitting home eating bon bons...enjoy it even though it is work..spending that extra time with William is all worth it..love you guys.