Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A hunting we did go, A hunting we did go...





...high-hoe the dairy Oh, a hunting we did go!



I don't know why when I look at the picture above, I think about this image...

This was my first time hunting. Well, let me rephrase that...this was my first time hunting where I was actually old enough to remember the whole trip and I was able to shoot a gun...sorry Dad didn't mean to offend you. Prior to this trip, the only memories I have of hunting is sitting in the bottom of a deer blind, in the cold and humid dark, praying the whole time we wouldn't see a deer...I couldn't handle the thought of Bambi being shot. God answered my prayers that day.


Anyway, I will admit, we had a good time. It was fun to see Vim's face light up and get excited like a kid on Christmas morning. He has been wanting to take me hunting for a while, but he was smart enough to realize that the only way he was going to get me out there was if (a) I didn't have to get up before the sun (b) I didn't have to be cold or wet (c) I didn't have to sit in silence for hours. None of these things appeal to me. And I haven't even mentioned the part about killing and cleaning the animals.


Many women hunt and more power to them...but I don't foresee this becoming our 'couples' sport anytime in the near future. It was fun but not that fun.

1 comment:

The Bittles said...

I just had to write and tell you I've had the tune "the farmer in the dell" running through my mind for two weeks now only with the words, "A hunting we did go, a hunting we did go, hi ho the dairy o, a hunting we did go." I fully blame you for this cheerful little tune running through my head day and night :) I love keeping up with what you and your little family is up to these days. I can't believe how big William is! Take care and have a great week. - Kristi