Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, December 10, 2007

He knows if you've been BAD...

Tonight I am standing at the stove, cooking dinner, nothing unusual. Little man is playing a game in the living room. Pretty soon I hear this little voice, talking just above a whisper, '...for Christmas, nothing,' I shout out, 'What, sweety? Did you say something to me?' He responds just barely loud enough for me hear, ' I'm going to get nothing for Christmas.' After drying my hands off on the kitchen towel, I slowly make my way to the living room where i receive THE news.

Little man is sitting sitting on his knees, eyes staring at the floor, and a frown as big as Texas.

Little Man : ' I am doomed'
Me: 'Did you just say you are DOOMED?'
Little Man : 'Yup'
Me: ' Why are you doomed sweety?' (of course, keeping a very serious face, knowing this is the end of the world issue for my 4yr old)
Little Man : 'I'm not going to get any presents for Christmas'
Me : 'Why not? You already have one gift under the tree.'
Little Man : 'Because I have been bad...You have been good Mommy, but I have been Bad.'
Me : 'How have you been bad?'
Little Man : 'Like when I slide on my kneeeees.'
Me: 'Well sweety, I have been bad too...we all do some bad things...but you have been trying to be good, and you haven't slid on your knees in a few weeks. Santa knows you have been working on that and I think he will still bring you some presents.'

1 comment:

Crystal Salinas-Valdez said...

That is precious..I hope you all have a Happy Holidays! Give our love to William