Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

'Un-Veiled'

On our way out of school the other day, Little Man pointed out one of his classmates oh so coveted minivans and then pointed out, 'That's his mom'... (I know I am going to either offend someone or sound ignorant, so here is your warning).
The woman was of Middle Eastern decent (I think she might have been Muslim?), and was wrapped from head to toe in black. But I do have to give her props since her head veil had rhinestones delicately sewn around the edges...if my culture/religion required me to wear something of this nature, I think I would have to add some sparkles to it also.

ANYWAY, after a long pause, Little Man said, ' I don't know why she wears that...(pause, deep thought)...maybe she has a really great hair-do and she doesn't want any one else to get one like her...'

I just smiled and said 'Maybe!' And curiosity was satisfied for that moment.
A deep religious discussion with my 4yr old was not in my plans that day.

No comments: