Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Look Mom No Life Jacket!

Ok, so I know I have been a bad blogger lately. Life has been crazy which has caused me to be lazy when life isn't crazy. Anyway, I have been thinking about several posts I would like to make but just haven't done them. Here is an update on our summer activities...

So we had a fun family outing last this past Monday night. We took little man to the pool and had pizza delivered down there. We have known for a while that he loves the water. Ever since he was a baby he loved bath time, the pool, and anything to do with water...even down to his obsession with Nemo. Recently we watched The Incredible Mr. Limpet, if you haven't seen it, its an old Don Knotts movie, where the main character turns into a fish. Since watching it, I think Little Man believes he could also turn into a fish.

SOoooo...these last couple of weeks he has been making a slow progression when it comes to jumping off the diving board. First, he jumped off with his life jacket on...then he was jumping off without a life jacket and Bear was catching him...next he jumped off with Vim holding onto the side and then swimming out to get him...and now finally, he jumps off without a life jacket and swims to the side all by himself.

Being one that also loves the water and one who use to dream of becoming a mermaid, all of this jumping started to make me a little nervous. I was worried that if at any point he panicked, he would become afraid of he water and never want to swim without help again. As I watched his joyful face jump over and over again off the board, I thought back on my childhood days and had a small realization. Never did I have any fears of injuring myself or worries that I might look silly jumping off the board with arms and legs flailing. Now as a mother, I worry for him, I worry that he might jump too close and split his head open or that he might not surface again. But while sitting there observing, a little voice whispered to me (not the crazy kind of voices, I hear those too jk) 'Sarah, I am in control, don't miss the joy in the moment worrying about what 'could' happen...'

Here are some pictures of our joy...




1 comment:

Swan Family said...

Sarah, you're such a great mom! We all have those fears of the "what if" happening to our babies, but sometimes we have to let go. Although I am in no hurry to "let go," but they do grow up fast! (By the way....I LOVE the movie Mr. Limpet! It is so funny!)