Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Babymoon to Europe

We just got back last week from our Babymoon to Paris and London. This was my first time to Europe, and we were fortunate enough to have friends/family in both cities to stay with. We spent 5 full days there and really had a great time. We took the Euro Star from Paris to London at 200 miles per hour through the chunnel. Some of you may be saying 'how romantic'...well, although we had some romantic moments, it was not as romantic as you may think....I mean, don't get me wrong, we had a great time, and I am for sure not complaining, but we were on the go, with a jam packed schedule each day...I swear we must have walked 100s of miles (or at least it seemed that way). We hit all the main attractions that each city had to offer.

Paris: 1) The Louvre 2) Eiffel Tower 3) Arc de Triomphe 4) Notre Dame 5) Montmartre 6) Others

London: 1) Double Decker bus tour 2) Westminster Abbey 3) The London Eye (but we did not ride it) 4) Tower of London 5) Tower Bridge 6) Changing of the guard 7) Crown Jewels 8) and others

And to be honest, I loved London. I can't wait to go back and spend some more time there. I am glad I got to go to Paris and see the historic sights, but I am not dying to go back anytime soon. The conception that the French are not so friendly is pretty accurate. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I could have enjoyed the wine and if I thought a baggett was a meal. Call me a fat American, but show me the meat and potatoes!

We sooo lucked out on the weather while we were there. The temperature was in the mid 50s and only one night did it sprinkle a little, the rest of the time it was nice out. And I had the best hair days while I was there...no humidity at all!

My favorite place in Paris was the small town Montemartre, just on the edge of the city. The Sacred Heart church sits at the top...you can't miss it, it is huge. It is so worth it to go up there in the afternoon and stay till sun set. It's the highest point in Paris (besides the top of the Eiffel Tower). There is a small court yard with little cafes and a ton of local artist painting and drawing.

We have a ton of pictures, as you can imagine. I am going to post all our pictures in 'our pictures' once I get them all uploaded but here are a few highlights for those of you who can't wait.
LONDON

Westminster Abbey

Dinner with our good friends Ben, Bernice, and Michael as well as Vim's cousin David, at a local British Pub. Vim got to experience a traditional British meal of 'Bangers and Mash'..aka sausage and mashed potatoes.

London Phone Booth


The Tower Bridge (I always thought this was London Bridge, but the London Bridge is actually a one bridge down from this one, and looks like a normal bridge)

PARIS

At the Louvre, I found it interesting that no matter how much time has past, I felt a connection to this mom...I am sure that some of you mom's out there could also relate.

The Louvre in the distance
Notre Dame

Of course the Eiffel Tower

From the top of the Eiffel Tower

3 comments:

Swan Family said...

I'm so glad you had fun! I didn't know you were going to Europe! How amazing siesta! I can't wait to here all about it. I've always wanted to go to London. You look so chic in those photos! HAve a great THanksgiving.

Becky said...

Babymoon - I love it! Great pictures, looks like you guys had a great time. You and Vim are such a cute couple!

Anonymous said...

Love your contemplative picture with the Louvre in the background! We always do that sort of thing too! Next time, we are all going to London!!!!