Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

5 Months Old


Yes 5 months old already! His colic dropped off at about 3 months and 3 weeks. It has been like a whole new baby! He is happy and friendly and like-able now.

At his 4 month check up he was weighing nearly 17lbs so I am sure he closer to 18lbs if not over 18lbs by now. He is a chunk! I love his fat little legs and big round cheeks. I definitely don't need to work my upper body out, he is enough of a work out for me (my arms look toner then they have in years!).

This past couple weeks we have hit some major mile stones. We started cereal and have worked our way up to carrots. He loves to eat for daddy. And you know how most kids turn away when they have had enough food? Not my kid. And just in the last week he has learned to roll over both ways.

And the most exciting news yet is that he slept through the night (once)! Thanks to his Gigi. While we were staying with my parents, my mom kept him in her room a couple nights. After one 'un-fun' night of getting up and putting the pacifier back in about a gazillion times, he made it from 11pm-9am without nursing. Which told me for sure that he did not need to be fed at 2am and 5am (which I sort of already knew). After that, we have dropped our middle of the night feedings and now make it from 11 to 7am. Now if we could only keep him from waking up during that time we would be golden. Like I said, he did it once so hopefully we will do it again soon.

He has become quite the little flirt. Smiling and 'talking' to anyone who will pay attention to him. He constantly has a hand or some times two hands in his mouth and drool every where...it is possible we may have teeth soon. He when he doesn't have a hand in it, he is chewing on his toe (thanks to daddy showing him how to get his toe to his mouth). Here are some of my favorite moments over the past few months!



4 comments:

Jana said...

what a cutie!

Gigi said...

These are so much more fun to look at than a vacuum!!! :)

Becky said...

Happy 5 Months Vim! He's adorable!

Swan Family said...

Sarah he looks just like you!!! OH my heavens he is getting so big!! What a cutie!