Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fun at the River

The past few weekends we have been down at our River House just enjoying the water, sun, and peacefulness (oh and the good fishing). I have actually been doing quite a bit of reading (shocking- yes I know). I read '90 Minutes in Heaven' by Don Piper (Inspiring), 'Same Kind of Different as Me' by Ron Hall and Denver Moore (LOVED it- get a box of tissue), and now I am on 'Mission of Motherhood' by Sally Clarkson (VERY good but VERY convicting)...But that is a different post.

So- A few weekends ago we had my family down to the river house for a weekend of a whole lot of nothing. We actually used the new sun deck for the first time and we played a little Rummikub...a river house favorite.






And then two weekends ago we had down our good friends the Allen and the Davis Families (minus Jared). We had had house full of little boys, and I loved it (I know William loved it too). They had a great time wearing each other out and I enjoyed catching up with the Mama's of these precious boys.





This last weekend Jordan and Jack came down to visit. We missed seeing Anne, but I had a good time hanging out with Little Jack and watching Daddy Jordan in action. My, my who would have ever thought...(jk Jordan- Your a great dad!)


And I think I could totally do twins (yeah, riiight)! My little sister came down to help out and spend time with us too-- Thanks Sam!!

2 comments:

Swan Family said...

So fun!!! Since the weather has been so hot what a perfect place to stay cool!

Becky said...

Thanks for having us, we had a great time!