Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Birthday Festivities!

I celebrated my 27th birthday last week and it was a perfect day! Vimmer's gift to me was sleeping till 8:30--very exciting! I was then greeted by my boys (my big boy Vim, and my little boy William) with a wonderful breakfast made with love-- Eggs, bacon, toast, a yogurt parfait, and coffee! Oh and little flowers decorating the tray beautifully! Then I opened all my cards that I had received from family and friends, followed by a plethora of gifts from by sweet hubby and precious little ones. William gave me some new silver heels (which are so me) and then I had some dresses and shirts my hubby picked out for me...and a new nice purse with matching wallet! EEK! My wallet has never matched my purse!!! I know, all so superficial, but still fun!


The day went by quick. I receive beautiful flowers from my dad, had lunch with my hubby and kids at Berry Hill and then the rest of the day was filled with Mommy duties. Which over the years I have come to realize that no matter what day it is, your kids are still going to poop their diapers, and make messes, and throw fits...and there will still be dentist appointments and meet the teacher nights...even if it is your birthday...But it is ok, it is part of being a Mom and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Far too soon, I will be wishing my babies were babies again...so it is definitely all worth it. But to be honest, it took me a few years to completely understand this.

So later on that night, my husband planned a nice 'adult' night out to Pappa's Brothers Steakhouse with our very close friends Matt and Jill. It was sooo good, the steak melted in my mouth. And my plate even said 'Happy Birthday'! Thank you everyone for making my day so special! (Especially you my love)



3 comments:

Swan Family said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!!!

JS said...

So glad you had a wonderful day!

Cathy Gunderman said...

HA! Enjoy your adult night out girl! In March I celebrated my first birthday NOT in the baseball stands in a quarter of a century! Is that sad or what? The thing is, that Cole will start TBall in 4 years...so it will be the end of adult celebrations for me FOREVER thanks to the Gunderman legacy. My friends at KO felt sorry for me so the last 4 years they brought me decorated sheet cakes and balloons! Sweet memories....but no little black dress necessary. :)