Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baby-Moon to Arizona

Two weeks ago we took a seriously last minute trip to Arizona for our one last get away before the baby gets here. And I am talking last minute--we booked the flights Friday night, the hotel on Sunday and flew out first thing Tuesday morning. See? I can be spontaneous.

The first stop was the Grand Canyon. I had been before back in high school but Vim had never been. It is one of those amazing creations that you never get tired of seeing. It just shows the awesomeness of God and it makes me realize how finite my mind is and how great He is. One verse that kept coming to mind was:
Ephesians 3:17-18
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ..."

I can't even mentally grasp how wide and long and high and deep the Grand Canyon is let alone Christ's love for me.






When we got there it was raining and was freezing! I expected the temp to be over 100, so all I had packed were sleeveless tops, shorts, and dresses. I had one sweater I had grabbed for the plane ride and one pair of jeans. The temp was in the 60s...I was freezing. My husband, being the gentlemen he is, gave me his pull over to wear. Can you see the rainbow below?
We saw a beautiful sunset....
And while the sun was rising over the canyon, the Elk were grazing right outside our hotel, which overlooked the canyon. It really was one the highlights of our trip.


Such beautiful creatures!


We didn't do much hiking, due to my 'condition'. I found myself breathing quite hard just after walking a short distance. The elevation probably played a small roll in it since I am use to being around sea level.





Another cool thing we did was take a free Canon photography class that they were offering. They gave everyone a super nice camera to use for the class and then they showed us some tips on how to use it. Since Vim and I both have an interest in photography, we both really enjoyed getting to pick a professionals brain.

After our short stay at the Grand Canyon we headed to our resort just outside of Scottsdale for a relaxing 4 day stay. It was so relaxing we took maybe a total of 3 pictures while there. We spent a lot of time at the pool and when not at the pool eating!


By coincidence my cousins happen to be visiting their Dad (my Uncle) the same time we were there so we were spoiled with a big home cooked meal one night. And then we had a nice dip in their pool afterwards. This is my sweet cousin Anna (isn't she cute!?).



What a much needed break and rest! I can't wait to take the boys to the Grand Canyon in about 5 or 6 years. 7 weeks and counting till Paxton gets here!


1 comment:

KT said...

Honest to God, Sarah, whether you are viewing the Grand Canyon or cruising some far flung RIVER somewhere, you are gorgeous!! Love those pictures of you and Vim and can't wait to see pix of Paxton!! Looking forward to seeing you on the 13th!!