Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Move In, Move Out, Move In....

Although I knew before that moving was no fun, I now really know for sure how much I despise it. Since January of 2005 I have moved 5 times. 5 times in 2.5 years. Of course never by myself---always with the help of family and friends (my poor parents have been there for each and every one-- bless their little heart). All of those who have helped, thank you very much, I would never want you to feel unappreciated. But never the less, I have packed and unpacked, packed and unpacked, packed....well you get the point.

From college apartment back to home, from home to career apartment, from career apartment back to home, and then my families home to now our Families home, The Head Home. You might say, 'Sarah, this is only 4 times and you said 5...' Well, at the time, as the fiancee and soon to be wife, we moved Vim into our current house. And I am sure that many of you can understand that although my now husband did most of the physical labor of carrying boxes and furniture, I did quite a bit of packing him and unpacking him....(Again, with the help of family too--no one is to feel unappreciated) but I feel this definitely qualifies as an 'Official Move', so for the record books - 5 MOVES!

As I sit here in my cramped office, looking at the dinning room filled with kitchen gadgets (yes, kitchen gadgets), I once again feel as if we are moving. The kitchen is empty of all of our belongings, the bathrooms are empty of our cute new soap dispensers and toiletries. Why may you ask?? B/c we are getting new counter tops put in today. And even though it is thrilling to rid our warm golden kitchen of bright blue formica, it still feels (and looks) like we are moving. And as you all know, moving is no fun...

But on a positive note, I am getting better at it and...we are getting counter tops.

(yes, I said bright blue formica -- I'll post pictures later for those who don't believe me)

1 comment:

KT said...

And in all those moves you mentioned, I'll bet just ONCE it rained! Always rained on my moves ... :)
(Love the blog.)