Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Voted Today!


Last night, as a good American citizen and an even better Texan, Little Man and I headed off to the Polls. As I wandered into the elementary cafeteria, I had flash backs of my Mom voting at my elementary in the little blue voting booths, with the punch cards and I realized I was old enough to be THEM. Last time I voted was in the student center at Texas A&M...I was a student then, a young fresh college student. Now, somehow, in just a few short years, I have made it to suburban-ite Texas, where mini-vans are flourishing, and I realized that I was just another 'soccer mom' standing in line to vote. My My, how the tables have turned....

ANYWAY, little man was standing next to me...

LITTLE MAN: Mom, are you going to vote?
ME: Yes
LITTLE MAN: Can I vote?
ME: Nope, you have to be 18 years old to vote. But one day you can vote.
LITTLE MAN: Can you vote for anyone?
ME: Yeah, you can vote for anyone.
LITTLE MAN: Well, I think we should vote for Shannon and Landon then.
ME: Shannon and Landon? (this is my sister and brother-in-law)
LITTLE MAN: Yup, I think that would be nice of us to vote for them.
ME: You are right, I think that would be very nice of us to vote for them.

SO we voted, and little man rode home with a sticker on the front of his bike helmet that read 'I VOTED TODAY!'

No comments: