Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Only in Texas

This past weekend at the Rodeo our Little Man decided it was time...

For years now Vim has been telling me that he was going to put Little Man in a Mutton Bustin'
competition. Up until Vim's home town rodeo I had never seen or heard of Mutton Bustin'. I didn't even know what a Mutton was! Well folks, let me tell ya...the first time I saw it, I thought it was a joke! I thought this can't be real, it just seems so cruel and redneck! But it is true and the Houston Livestock show and Rodeo has real life competitions. And my son said he wanted to do it.

For those of you like me, who are slightly clueless on what 'Mutton Bustin' is, let me explain. The rules: kids 6yrs and under, under 60lbs, and you have to hold on to the sheep 6 seconds to even get a score. It is kind of like bull riding for the young'ins. Never once did Little Man give it a second thought. Never nervous, never scared. MAN, to be young and fearless again! He held on like a champ and made his Mama proud! He didn't make the 6 seconds but came close. Once he fell off, he jumped up, brushed the dirt of, and ran out of the arena! Needless to say, he is ready to do it again. I think Vim is ready to buy a sheep and start training on the weekends. Until we get a sheep, Fletcher (our dog) will have to do (jk).

Here is a video my brother-in-law was able to take. (Yes that is me screaming in the background and my sisters and mom).

1 comment:

The Bittles said...

I can't believe how daredevil-ish boys are. Even though Hudson is only a year I already have to pray over him every day for safety as he thinks he can climb everything. Glad to hear he enjoyed the ride though. Yehaw!