Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Corn Fields, Soccer Fields, and Kyle Field-- What do these have in common??

They are all part of the Head's Saturday!!
We started out our Saturday morning at 6:30 AM (yes, that is not a typo- AM) for opening day of dove season! I know, I know, I know...it breaks my rule about hunting...I said I don't go hunting if its before the sun rise, if its cold or if I have to be quiet and sit still. But I went as a mom, and not really for the thrill of the hunt (although I have to admit I was a little excited about getting to shoot MY gun again)...But as a Mom I couldn't pass up seeing Little Man's face and excitement after using his BB gun for the first time...he was so very excited...if you can't tell from the pictures.

***Pay no attention to the person in the black hoodie, I was trying to keep my hair from frizzing in the fog.

We went straight from the corn fields to the soccer fields (literally, we changed our wardrobes in the middle of the field- jeans to shin guards, boots to cleats). Little Man had his first soccer game and did great! Unfortunately, I don't have to brag too much on him since he did it enough himself! At the end of the game, when the coach was giving his talk, he said ' Everyone did great and everyone got a goal!' Little Man interrupted to let him know, that 'He actually got 4 goals'. We are working very hard on not bragging and being humble. But he just is not exactly understanding the concept. His response is, 'but all I said is I scored 4 goals, which is the truth'...yes the truth but we still don't say it. Any suggestions on how to teach a 5yr old humility??

We then went straight from the soccer field to Kyle Field. We changed once again in the parking lot (cleats to tennis shoes, jersey to maroon out shirt). We made a bee line for the A&M vs Miami Football game. Sadly, the football game was a disappointment and very hot. But we stayed till the end as good Aggies do.


Finally we made it back too our oh so sweet beds that were calling us at around 11pm...

1 comment:

Swan Family said...

OMG how awesome! Love the picture of you in the background! Okay where do you all go hunting? Benjamin is so jealous? Let us know.