Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Schlitterbahn

This past weekend we had some plans canceled so we made a last minute trip to Galveston's Schlitterbahn....and we are talking last minute...I was very proud of myself, I was so spontaneous! We are talking about decided to go at around 9:00am and being in the car headed that way around 10:15am .


We ended up having a great day! We loved it and were rather impressed with the park. So it's not the biggest park we have ever been too, but it met all of our needs. Parking was FREE, tubes were FREE, you could bring in your own food and drinks, and surprisingly the food we did end up buying there was fairly reasonable.


Little man was fearless (surprise, surprise) and went on ever ride there except the tallest one (which as a mother I was secretly glad he didn't). Not only did he ride all the rides, but he never hesitated. I of course sat on the side lines and watched most of them. I rode a few mild tube rides and floated the lazy river. I didn't think I should take any chances.


The first ride the rode was the boogie board. Its the only ride I got pictures of since I was still dry.



After the long, fun day in the sun, we finished up the day with a nice dinner with Vim's grandparents. We ate at a quaint Italian place that tossed its pizza crust, and if you were young enough, and smiled just right, they would throw you some pizza dough to play with. Little Man was very disappointed when we made him leave the dough at the table. For some reason, I didn't want a pound of dough in the car for the hour, ride home.

No comments: