Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Up in the Air Junior Birds-Men....


This last weekend we went to the Wings Over Houston Air Show. Vim's parents were able to join us for a few hours, which was a real treat. I was uncharacteristically unprepared. I don't know what I was thinking, I guess I thought there would be more shade and less walking. Even though it was quite cool Saturday morning, it warmed up quite a bit that afternoon. Needless to say I lost the leggings quickly and the sunscreen was then generously applied. Fortunately, my husband thought to grab the sunscreen right before leaving. We were all exhausted, but we somehow found strength to stay to the end....and let me tell you, it was well worth it! I mean, personally there are only so many airplanes you can look at but the Thunderbirds at the end were pretty cool (even for a girl). My camera screen was broken in a mishap a few weeks ago so I wasn't able to get any video footage of it but I got some good photos. (Note: I felt like I was in the dark ages, I actually had to put my eye up to the view finder and take a picture, and then after the picture was taken I couldn't see the picture till it was taken off my camera!! Oh how spoiled I have become!! Little Man will never know the hardships of using a 35mm)

In case you go in the future, here are a list of things you might want to take:

  • Water, water, water
  • Chairs
  • Umbrella
  • Light Weight clothes
  • Sunscreen
  • A Hat
  • Snacks (unless you feel like spending $4 on nachos)
  • Kleenex for the porta-potty (yes- gross I know, but when your pregnant sometimes you don't have a choice)
  • Hand Sanatizer






The coolest thing was that one of the 6 Thunderbirds pilots was a GIRL! And she did awesome.

No comments: