Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy 30th, my love!

Yesterday was Vim's 30th birthday. We started out celebrating it the night before with his family at Lupe Tortilla's for dinner. Afterwards I informed him that we were sending Little Man home with Bic and Pops (who so graciously had schemed with me before and agreed to keep Little Man), and we had a night out planned for us. He had told me before to not do anything big for his Birthday, that I didn't need to stress myself out. I of course could not 'Not do anything'...I mean, you only turn 30 once, right!? So I surprised him with a little night out and took him to The Melting Pot in Houston for dessert. It is a foundu place, and you can choose between 7 or 8 differnt chocolate combinations to dip strawberries, bananas, pound cake, etc in....it was sooo good....even though we had already had dessert that night! Opps! We were soooo stuffed, I thought one of us was going to be sick! Then we went to the Intercontinental Hotel, where I had reserved a room for us. One last night away, alone, and where we could sleep in the next morning. We slept till 9:30 the next morning! Impressive, I know!

Vim is hard to plan surprises for, since he is not a planner...For example, I am a planner, so I plan what I am going to be doing in advance which allows Vim to work around and manipulate my plans to surprise me. But Vim is not so much a planner, so when I asked him last week about his birthday, he said he was going to take Monday off. So I made plans...then he informs me on Sunday that he changed his mind and didn't take off the day. AHHH! So I had to inform him that he was going to take off at least part of the day b/c I had already made plans!! Fortunately his boss was very understanding.

Little Man and I made a peach cobbler for him, and we opened gifts that night. I love you babe, Happy 30th Birthday! Can't wait to spend the next 30yrs with you...

No comments: