Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby Update- Week 35!

Over the last few weeks our house has been busy with 'Baby' activities. After waiting for weeks for the furniture company to come out and 'fix' the wrong size screw holes in the crib, the boys were finally able to put together the crib.

Little Man attended a 'Siblings Class' at the Hospital where they learned how to change diapers, burp the baby, hold, swaddle, and other helpful tips (like wash hands alot, and don't pick up the baby unless Mommy and Daddy say it is ok). He was very uncertain about this class since he ended up being the ONLY boy in the class and they were all sitting around playing with BABY DOLLS (gasp!)! Fortunately Vim was there to show him that you can still be manly and hold a baby doll.
Finally, we went to the doctor on Monday for our 35wks check up and found out we are 3cms dilated, 60-70% effaced and the baby has dropped (-1 station for those of you who are up on your lingo). She said she was confident the baby was big and over 6lbs due to the ultra sound a week ago and my belly size. And she was ok with us having this baby anytime now. Realizing that she could not tell us exactly when we would go into labor, I did ask her if she could give us her best guess on how much longer we would make it- 2wks? 3wks? And her response was 'of course I can't be certain, but if I had a crystal ball it would show that you won't make it to your next appt, Monday.' Wow, talk about reality setting in. Part of me feels like a kid the night before Christmas and part of me worries about if I have remembered everything, how will the delivery go and will baby Vim be ok...I know God has everything in control, and knows the exact date and time baby Vim will be here. So we wait- with great anticipation and excitement! It would be nice though to make it at least till late Saturday night...our good friends are throwing us a baby shower and I would hate to make Vim go alone or for us to have to cancel it!

3 comments:

Crystal Salinas-Valdez said...

Sarah..congrats on making it this far on your pregnancy.  How exciting to have a new little bundle of blessings.  I will keep you in my prayers for an easy labor.  What an awesome birthday gift for your husband...William is going to be a great Big Brother..love ya

Jocelyn said...

Aggghhh... wow... I cannot even imagine the excitement and wonder you're going through right now. I bet william is going to be a great big brother- so sweet about him taking a class to get all prepared. Congratulations Sarah and I am so glad that things are looking great with the baby. Praying for you guys as the final days draw near.

Becky said...

I'm glad you made it through the shower. Now, we're waiting for baby Vim's appearance. We're praying for you guys!