Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

'Round Here, ain't much sleepin going on!

I am sorry I have fallen behind so much in blogging. As many of you know we have been struggling with a fussy, non sleeping baby. When we took him in for his 2 month appointment the doctor put him on Prevacid thinking he might have a small reflux problem. After trying the medicine for two weeks and trying every remedy known to man (seriously- the crib looks all red neck...we've got one end propped up on soup cans), the doctor confirmed yesterday that we have a colicky baby! Yuck! Not the baby of course but the c-o-l-i-c!

The good news is that it should all pass SOON (Praise the Lord!!) since colic only usually lasts till 3 months old...we are 2 1/2 months old now...so if Vimmer read the manual, we should only have a few more weeks of this left. But knowing my son and my son's daddy I am sure he didn't read the manual- ha! Since I am nursing him, I have had to cut some major things out of my diet. Currently, I am on a TASTEFUL diet of pasta, brown rice, meat, bananas, and apple juice (that is right, no dairy, no veggies, and horror of all horrors no caffeine!). Amazingly enough it seems to be helping out with little guys tummy issues. We still have our moments but not quite as bad. I am going to slowly start adding some foods back in and see if he reacts to any of them (specifically coffee). So please pray he starts being happier and SLEEPING! (Oh and one side note, he is 11 weeks old and weighs 14lbs 5oz-now wonder my arms are getting tired!)

I have so much blogging to catch up on...I promise I will soon be posting about Little Man's 6th birthday! (GASP- yes I am the mother of a 6 yr old, how old does that make me sound!?!?)

One more note- THANK YOU all soooo much who sent emails and made posts about how to eat healthier! I really appreciate it, and as soon as I can start eating veggies and 'normal' food again, I plan on putting some of the ideas into practice!


Chillin' at Little Man's soccer game.

A deep conversation between brothers...

Daddy's boy...

3 comments:

Swan Family said...

I was beginning to wonder about you! Remember to "trust in the Lord with your strength!" We will be praying that the colic will leave the little Vimmer!! If you need a break or anything please PICK UP THE PHONE! We will be over to help ya out! Take Care girl! BTW, Love the pics!

Crystal Salinas-Valdez said...

Sarah I just LOVE your header pic. It is so adorable. I hope things are getting better for you and you all are getting the sleep that you need. Been there girl and it does get better. God Bless you and your beautiful family.

Designed with Purpose said...

Sydney had those same issues. Don't feel bad, we had her bed propped up on bricks, which only meant that a lot of times she would slide down to the end of the bed! We switched to a soy formula (per docs suggestion) and it helped a lot!