Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Boy!

Sweet boy, I can hardly believe you are one. This year has gone so fast. It has not always been easy but it thrills me to see you grow into a happy little boy with such a fun personality. We started off a little rocky, with a tramatic birth, and then acid reflux along with being colic. The first four months were tough but we made it through. The first comment made about you was 'He's a BIG boy!' and you still are a BIG Boy! I love how you love your daddy. Your face lights up when he walks in the door. I love how you hide your eyes and expect us to play peek-a-boo. I love how you play with your brother. I love how you clap your little hands when you do something good. I love how you tackle me if I am sitting on the floor with you. I love how you give high five. How you use your little pincher fingers to pick everything up for examination. How you jump in your bed in anticipation for me to come get you after a long nap. How you have to taste everything, even the window seals. I love the rolls in your thighs. Your big blue eyes. Your long wispy, crazy hair, your big yet so tiny feet. All 10 fingers. All 10 toes. All 8 teeth. The back of your soft sweet neck. I love every little detail about you. Thank you God for my sweet precious baby boy. He is one of the best gifts I have ever received.  And I pray that he grows to love Jesus with all his heart. Happy 1st Birthday my baby boy.

The day started with half a box of cherrios dumped on the floor for easy eating access. It was very cute but a big mess. Lucky the Dyson was up for the challange.

We had a Very Hungry Caterpillar 1st Birthday party. It was very appropriate for my little Vimmer, since he always seems to be 'very hungry' and will eat anything in sight.



My sister made the cake, isn't it fabulous!! She did a great job! Thanks Shannon! She also made green leaf shaped cookies, since "the very hungry caterpillar ate through one nice green leaf."


I tried to stick to the 'Very Hungry Caterpillar' food theme but I had to throw a couple of other items on the menu to balance it out. It seems the Very Hungry Caterpillar has a very sweet tooth.


For party favors, I found little fabric crayon holders in Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric, great for taking on the go (found them on Etsy).

Opening Gifts! A cute new back pack with my initials to carry from my friend E!


I was in a very good mood and loved playing with everyone!

My new wheels from mom and dad! Sometimes I like to get in through the window.


My Aunt Shannon loving on me.

And another birthday gift I love to ride.
(More pictures of the day to come, especially the cake eating!)

No comments: