Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Friday, February 27, 2009

He is here!







Vim X Head II is here! Born Thursday, at 10:27am- 8lbs 12.5oz, 21 inches.
I am sorry it has taken us so long to update the blog and send out pictures. Things didn't go quite as planned.

We went in Thursday morning at 5:30 to be induced. We got all our paper work signed, blood taken and the IV started. Our doctor came in and broke my water around 7:10 and started the Pitosin. Although the contractions were not horrible, I decided to go head and request the epidural since the nurse said it could possibly take the anesthesiologist an hour or so to get there. But there happened to be two anesthesiologist working, and I got my epidural at 8:40. By 9:15 I was 5cm and feeling really great. I was relaxed and everything was going smoothly. Around 10:15 the nurse came in said that she had noticed a couple of small dips in the baby's heart rate and wanted to roll me over on my other side. Vim left and went to the restroom and to update the folks. Just a few minutes later the nurse came back in with another nurse and I could tell that they were a little concerned. They weren't talking to me directly and they started rolling me this way and that, poking on my belly, getting me on all fours, and putting me on oxygen. At this point I was at 7cm. Then out of the blue my doctor shows up and the nurse says 'Get Vim'. Vim comes in with big eyes, I am scared at this point, and the doctor is saying, we have to deliver him now. They rolled me out of the room, I am crying at this point and praying like crazy. Our families were all standing outside the door with big eyes, and I hear my mom saying 'It is going to be ok sweety, your going to be ok!' Vim is chasing the bed as they are running with it down the hall. They were knocking things over in the hall yelling, get out of the way. Vim jumped on the bed and kissed me, and shouted 'I love you babe!' as I was wheeled into the Operating Room. They threw the curtain up, and the doctor asked if I could feel her pinching on me. The nurse is saying, 'we have to go, we can't wait, heart rate is 50 bpm' (normally the heart rate is between 140-160 beats per minute). The scarry thing was they were going to cut whether I could feel it or not. I can't remember a time ever being so scared. I was praying, Vim was in the hall praying, our family in the hall were praying, and emergency text messages were sent out for prayers. I heard the doctor ask for the knife, and I heard her say, 'Oh, he is a big baby!' And then I heard Vim crying...what a beautiful sound to my ears! They had me pumped with a bunch of drugs, and I started shaking a bunch...I remember Vim walking around the curtain and showing me our son with tears in his eyes...Just to put it into perspective, they rolled me out of Labor and Delivery room at 10:22 and Vim was born at 10:27. We had 5 doctors in the room and 5 nurses. He was facing 'sunny side up' and the cord was rapped around his neck twice. Apparently only 5% of babies have the cord wrapped twice around.

Looking back, so many things were 'God things'. First, the fact that I didn't go into labor at home and that they ended up having to induce me. Then, our doctor just happened to call to check on me right when the heart rate was decreasing. My doctor and her partner just happened to be available along with 2 other anaesthesiologists. For as bad as the situation got, it just couldn't have gone any smoother. It is one of the most traumatic experiences I have ever had, and I just feel so incredibly blessed that God took care of all of us and we are all healthy and doing great.

Little Man has become a 'baby hog'. He wants to hold him nonstop and gets upset with others take too long holding during thier 'turn'. He has been so sweet in singing to him and talking to him. He is a big helper.

12 comments:

Jocelyn said...

oh my goodness!! I saw the post title on my blog roll and my heart jumped! i am so happy for you guys and how God had His hands on you and baby Vim. CONGRATULATIONS!! SO happy for you guys. i'm praying for your sweet family- that you guys get rest and enjoy every moment.

Crystal Salinas-Valdez said...

Sarah, as I read your posting it brought tears to my eyes. Through all your fears and tears you have this little miracle upon you. He is definetly a little blessing. You and baby Vim were in the hands of our God and what a gift he has given you and your family. Congratulations to you, Vim and William for your newest addition to the family. May God continue to bless you while you recover so that you may fulfill your hearts with this precious little one.

P.S. WOW..he was a big baby!!

Jana said...

WOW! I join you in praising and thanking God for little Vim. He is adorable. Enjoy the days ahead!

Becky said...

Oh, Sarah he is precious! We are so happy for you and your families. What an amazing story of God protecting you and Vim. We pray that little Vim is a wonderful blessing to your lives!

Lynnette said...

Congratulations on sweet baby Vim!! He is just adorable and big brother looks so proud. Can't wait to meet Vim at MOPS when you come back!!

KT said...

Oh, how I LOVE those (fat!) hitched up baby legs and those bright eyes. He's just beautiful. Can't wait to meet him in person.

Haley Family said...

Hi Vim! It is Katie Angelo-Haley. Congrats on your son!! That is such awesome news. Callie sent me an email to fill me in. She gave me your blog address as well. I hope fatherhood treats your right. You will make a great father. Chad and I have a 9 month old baby girl who keeps up on our toes every minute of every day! Take care!!!

The Bittles said...

Welcome little Vim and a huge congratulations to the proud big brother and parents too! I'm so glad to hear everyone is ok - I have to admit, I had tears in my eyes looking at the pictures and reading your story. I'm due in a week or two and this makes me all the more anxious to hold my little girl. Here's to wonderful days ahead!

the fishers said...

Congratulations! Things sounded way too intense, but glad everything worked out just right(I had goose bumps while reading about it). He is adorable!

Swan Family said...

Sarah, the Lord is amazing! We are so glad that you all are okay and doing well. I can't wait to see little Vim. He is precious and the perfect little addition to the family. The picture of William and Vim is super sweet!

Unknown said...

Okay - i know he has changed alot already - Quit laying around in bed and post some more pictures! Ha Ha Just kidding! I pray all is going well for you and the family. Hope you are feeling GOOD!
God Bless you! and love you lots.
Ms. Kathy

Katie said...

Praise God for a healthy baby Vim! Thank you for sharing this story. You will always be able to look back on his birthday and remind him of God's hand upon his life. Congratulations Head Family!