Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Ride...



Well we made it! It was an extremely challenging year to say the least. Even though the weather was beautiful, the 25mph head wind was extremely discouraging. It seemed like more people were SAG-ing this year or people were coming in 2-3 hrs later then their normal times.

Although he afternoon weather was gorgeous, Sunday morning was a different story. We were woke up in the tent at 4:30AM by riders who couldn't wait to get their lovely spandex, helmet and glasses rear view mirror on...they wanted to make sure they had plenty of time to WARM UP for a 7AM ride (did I mention 4:30AM!? These people are not over ambitious but CRAZY). Any who, when I popped my head out of my sleeping bag I noticed that my breath was visible which for me is never a good sign. It was COLD (like 40 degrees!)! It took everything I had to get my clothes on and get out of my warm cozy sleeping bag.

For some reason, my right knee started to give me problems the middle of the first day. By the time I rolled into La Grange I thought my knee was going to burst at any moment. It was swollen and I was told that I had done something to my IT band.

The second day Vim rode with me and he gets huge brownie points for it. I know it was hard for him to wait on me but I am not sure I would have made it without him. Between the wind, my knee, and the pain in by backside I thought several times about quiting.


180 miles later, sunburned legs, and a couple of blisters on the hiney, we made it. Thank you so much for every ones thoughts and prayers. We truly needed them. Hopefully one day soon they will find a cure for MS.

2 comments:

KT said...

Those cool jerseys are good incentive to ride! Well done, you two.

Swan Family said...

That is so awesome!! Congrats!!!!