Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Schedule


Now that summer is in full swing, I am trying to get a 'schedule' going. You know, implement some learning activities, plant some biblical knowledge, and instill some work ethic. William will now be getting a small weekly allowance for making his bed, emptying the silverware, wiping down his bathroom counter, and bringing up the trash cans from the curb. I have also checked out the local library for a summer calendar so we can enrich our brains and take advantage of the FREE activities they provide. And as for the biblical planting, I purchased a chart off of the Proverbs 31 Ministries website called Mining for Gold in the Heart of your Child. It gives a over 20 different 'Golden Attitudes' to teach your kid. Along with a bible verse, and ways to show each attitude. Every couple of days, I am taking one of these attitudes and we are coloring the word, and talking about it. So for example, our first word was 'HELPFUL'. So drew and colored the word while we talked about different ways we could be helpful. We also read Phil 2:4, 'look not only to your own interest but also the interest of others'. And as an incentive to be Helpful. I spray painted some small rocks Gold and explained that every time I see him doing a 'Golden Attitude' I would give him a 'Golden Nugget'. And when he has a certain amount stored up, he will get to trade them in for rewards. What an amazing difference this has made on him. He brought his laundry basket down to the laundry room without me asking...all I said was 'I am going to start the laundry'. So today, he was helping out so I gave him a 'Golden Nugget'. When Dad got home, he exclaimed, 'I now have 2 SILVER CHICKENS!'



I about peed my pants! Gold or Silver, Nuggets or Chickens, Chickens or Nuggets...Who is counting?!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You are such a great mom!!! Is it just me or does Vimmer kinda resemble Samantha (when she was a baby) in that picture?

Swan Family said...

You're such a great mama!!!

Gigi said...

Well, he is obviously counting...he knew he had 2, just didn't know what he had! :) Where did you learn to be such a good Mama?