Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We will miss you Pop Pop...




Last week we suddenly had to said good-bye to our sweet Pop Pop. He truly was a man with a heart of gold. I will miss hearing his voice on the other end of the phone saying 'hey, how ya doing?' and 'Aww, me!' when he wasn't sure what else to say. I will miss him holding his hands out and saying 'Come see Pop Pop.' I will miss him at the table during family dinners. I will miss him at family functions. I will miss hearing him talk about fishing and gardening. You see, my Pop Pop was a 'hands-on' grandfather. He didn't just show up when he had to, he showed up every time he was invited. I am so grateful he was at Vimmer's baby dedication...it was the last time we saw our Pop Pop. He was there though, showing his support for our family. I can remember him twice, 'rescuing' my mom, sisters, and I after our car had died. Fixing our washer or dryer more times then I can count. You could count on him for anything. I cherish the little manger he built me for my nativity scene when I was a little girl. The times he set up the electric train for us in the garage. The tractor rides. Playing 42. His love for babies. The recliners so many of us climbed up in to share with him. The boosts he gave us when climbing trees. The fishing trips. How he faithfully loved my Mimi for 53 years. Oh how we miss you Pop Pop and can't wait to see you again. William woke up in the middle of his sleep a few nights ago and said 'Pop Pop is running around and having a good time...we just can't see him...' And I truly believe that.

2 comments:

Crystal Salinas-Valdez said...

Sarah and Family,
Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your grandfather. You and your family will be in my prayers during this time. May God continue to bless you. Lots of Love, Crystal

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, that made me cry. I hate that you had to say goodbye to him this year. What a darling man. And I do believe he is running around and having a good time. William is exactly right.