Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Corny Feast!


William had his 'Corny Thanksgiving Feast' yesterday at school. Why Corny? B/c the meal consisted of foods made out of 'corn'! They had corn chips, pop corn, corn bread, canned corn, and pumpkin pie (I don't know how that fits into the 'corn' theme--but I didn't make up the menu). William was excited b/c he got to choose this year if he was going to be an Indian or a Pilgrim. It is funny because I can still think back to 1st grade and remember that we didn't get to choose and I had to be an Indian! And I wanted to be a Pilgrim with a cute bonnet. Funny how certain things damage your psychi when you are little. Well, as you can see William wanted to be an indian! I noticed that all but 2 boys chose to be indians- interesting. So they (we) lined the 1st grade hall with butcher paper and the kids sat on the floor at it, like a table and ate their feast! All 120 kids! It went rather well considering the possibilities.

My favorite part was when William decided to try pumpkin pie. My son is extremely picky--I mean it is not that he just won't eat veggies or most fruits but he won't eat a lot of candies and cakes...it's a texture thing. Anyway, I guess he is getting braver and wanting to try things lately. He got a piece (had to be with out whip cream--I told you, picky)   and he kind of nibbled at it. Surprised that it was sweet he took a few more bites. People my son was literally gagging. I mean I thought he might throw up right in the middle his plate. Then he would swallow and smile. I asked him how it was and this was his answer. "Mom, it is just so good- my mouth is gagging on it b/c it is so good and I want to get it in my tummy as quick as I can!" I just shook my head and said "That's great hon!" He only took about 3 bites of it but hey, it is a step in the right--- at least he is now trying things!

Hope you all have a Happy Thanskgiving!!

No comments: