Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Halloween at Last!!



I finally have some pictures to up load thanks to my sweet husband who went out of his way to get the pictures off his camera and onto the hard drive (thanks love!). So we started out the festivities with a Pumpkin Carving Party on Friday night. It was a lot of fun, and we end up with some really great pumpkins. We had a Thomas the Train, aTm, Statue of Liberty, Deer, Flag, and so many more! We ended up with almost 30 carved pumpkins.







Then first thing Saturday morning we had a soccer game. Vimmer sported a tiger costume to stay warm and the players all sprayed their hair orange! They had a great game, and won!


William originally wanted to be a ninja for Halloween, and I told him I really wasn't a fan of 'Ninjas' since they are violent and would really like him to think of something else. Well once he saw Vimmer's monkey costume he decided he wanted to be a monkey too! Well, let me tell you, they do not make a boys size 8 monkey costume. So I was left to make a costume (I don't even have a sewing machine). So let's just say it was a joint effort. I basically took William's school clothes and used them as a pattern. Once I cut out all the pieces, my mother-in-law, Vicki, hand stitched the pants. Then after I worked on the costume till 2 am Friday, I had my mom bring her sewing machine over.  So my mom and I worked on the costume all afternoon on Halloween. I have to say, it came out much better than expected. And just remember before you see it, that this costume came strictly out of my 'imagination' and there wasn't a pattern used.







2 comments:

Ashley Jones said...

How fun! The costume turned out perfect!!!!

Cathy Gunderman said...

Cutest monkey brothers I have ever seen! Great job mom and grandmas on the sewing! It paid off with some adorable pictures and memories.