Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Highlights of the Last 6 Months

Ok- so I know. I have been a horrible blogger the last 6 months. But thank you all who have asked about where we have been. It is because of you (and the fact that I am somewhat sleeping again)  that I am going to try to pick the blog back up.

Loads of things have happened since I blogged last. So I am not going to try and 'catch up' and post all the events I missed. I will just try and give you the Cliff Notes or a quick highlight of the last 6 months.

"Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start.." (that was for my mom- the woman who has a song for everything). So back in May, William turned 8- still can't believe it- we had our first, and may I add, very successful, sleepover party. It was actually a campout. Complete with camo, tents, weenie roast, s'mores, and a scavenger hunt. The highlight of the party was Gigi (my mom) twirling a fire baton. She did it for my sisters and my 8th birthday parties so we determined it was necessary for her to twirl at William's party. It was a hit.




Dirt Cake with worms




In June we had a week long Young family reunion in Hot Springs Arkansas. Despite a rough start to the week with Pax not sleeping at ALL, we had a great time on Lake Hamilton, digging for quarts, and hanging out with family.







We had so much fun on Lake Hamilton that after getting back to Texas, my hubby became convinced that we needed to live on water. And not just any water but ski-able water. Anyone who has met my husband know that he loves to be on the boat and it has always been a dream of his to live on the water. This was the start to our next big adventure. By the end of June Vim had found a ski lake community in the area and we had looked at several houses for sale. After much prayer, negotiating, prayer, inspections, and set backs we put a contract on a house and closed August 1st.  We moved in a couple weeks later. I will spare you all the details but we are finally starting to get settled. I never want to move again. Fortunately, the plan is not to move again but moving with little ones is not fun. Us moving has really been a God thing. We have been looking at homes and property over the past 3 years and put in several offers on houses- none of them ever going through. We never planned on leaving our suburban town but God led us right where he wanted us in his perfect timing.

All my boys, being boys, and driving remote control boats in the backyard. 

Lots more to come! 

No comments: