Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, October 31, 2011

Fun with Rice

 Pintrest.com has become my new favorite sites. And the other day I found this fun idea for dying rice. I put 3 cups of rice in a ziploc, 3-4 Tbls of alcohol, and 1 Tbls of food coloring. The recipe called for more but all I had were the small bottles so I just used the whole bottle. Then I had Vimmer shake the bags up and mix the color. We then put them out to dry during nap time...

 and then this is what they woke up to...
A rainbow of colorful rice to play in. 



They have of course spread it all over the patio but we just sweep it up at the end of the day and put it back in the 'water' table. So much cleaner than sand and has provided hours of fun. We have had it out now for a couple weeks and it is starting to get dirty and broken up into small pieces. We will probably be throwing it out in the next few days. I was worried the dye would come off on fingers and clothes but surprisingly I haven't had any problems.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

WOW! we have to try this! love the bright colors! (and i detest sand!)