Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

They ARE Listening

Just when I think they are not listening to anything I say. And when I start to wonder if my efforts are making any difference, the Lord sends a spark of encouragement my way.

I found this great site that is full of ideas on how to impress the Word of God on your child's heart.

Deuteronomy 6:5-7
'Love the Lord your God with all your hear and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.'


I started doing the ABC Scripture verses last week. I want to try and do one verse a week. So 'A' was 'A gentle answer turns away anger Proverbs 15:1' and 'B' 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. Acts 16:31'. 

Well today while Vimmer was working on peeling stickers, he was getting frustrated and starting to get upset. I was cooking dinner and they were sitting at the counter. I overheard William lean over to Vimmer and in the sweetest brotherly voice say, 'Now remember Vimmer, a gentle answer turns away anger!' I froze and slowly looked over at them. Was it true? Did it actually sink in? Did William just quote scripture to his brother!? And at that point my spirit was encouraged. I felt like even though there is chaos, crying kids and messes and occasional feelings of failure as a mom, a seed was planted! 

No comments: