Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Bestest Celebration

Yesterday was my birthday and a day full of celebration. It started out with a family breakfast at Denny's (because breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out), and then my hubby brought me Pei Wei for lunch (Mongolian Beef, fried rice and crab puffs-- yum yum!). I recieved flowers in the mail from my dad, and on Monday my mom and I spent the whole day shopping...and I got some new Maternity clothes (yippee!! If your going to be big, might as well be stylish). So I guess technically it is kind of like a birthday week (which is the best way to go)!

For dinner we had a nice family dinner out to the Aquarium downtown. We didn't tell Little Man where we were going, we only told him that we were going out to celebrate my birthday and his last week of Pre-K (yes very sad-- don't remind me). He looooved all the fish and the restaurant. I had been before but never been inside to eat. It was a great atmosphere. I loved getting to sit down with my whole family and enjoy a nice, fun meal. Honestly, I didn't expect the food to be great, since usually at 'theme' restaurants you are paying for the atmosphere and not the food. But I will say that it was better then what I expected. And I would soooo go back for the dessert! It was really good! When you cut into the cake, it oozed chocolate fudge like a volcano. While we were eating it, Little Man pronounced this was the bestest celebration ever! I would have to agree. It was a perfect birthday, quality time spent with the two most important men in my life. Thank you boys for making it so special.

'Hey little fellow, whats your name?'


The amazing dessert!

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Happy Birthday sweetie!

the schilps said...

hey sarah! congratulations!! it is so funny because for some odd reason i just started wondering the other day if you guys would try to have a baby anytime soon. what a fun surprise to check your blog and see that, in fact, you are expecting. so glad that you haven't felt too terribly. what a gift babies are. again, congratulations.
abbe

Swan Family said...

Happy Late Bday!!