Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update- 36 weeks!

Ok, the title is deceiving because there is NO update! That is right, nothing has changed since our last visit. Believe me, I am just as disappointed. Doctor said that we may get another week out of me. I am going to laugh (as in 'Ironic laugh', not 'Silly Laugh') if we go full term!? We wanted a big healthy baby boy, and it looks like we might get one!


In other news, some dear friends of ours threw us a couples baby shower Saturday night. Thank you guys!! It was so much fun, and was so great getting to see everyone! Thank you so much everyone who made it. We even had friends from Austin and Dallas drive in which was a real treat! A few of the highlights:



We will all have baby boys only a few months apart. A November baby, a December baby, and a February baby.



Leave it to our good friends Jordan and Anne who brought the cake....Jordan picked up the cookie cake and didn't look at it (like Anne had suggested). When he got it home, it had pink on it and was not exactly what Anne had ordered...Oh well! It will help Vimmer get in touch with his sensitive side. And to top it off, Jordan got hungry before the shower and took a bite out of the cake!




The Pretty Cake

Aren't these diaper cakes great!? I have a feeling all these diapers will come in very handy! (FYI- Jill made it, isn't she talented!?)






Vim getting tools and advice on diaper changing!




Lots of fun gifts that we are sooo very grateful for!




Our baby pictures displayed...I wonder who Vimmer will look like?

And finally, pictures of the nursery! I only took a picture one one side, since the other side still needs things hung on the wall. But this is the important side, the side with the crib!


(See the small baby craddle holding books on the floor? That use to be my play baby craddle when I was a little girl. My mom and dad refinished it for us for a baby gift...oh how I love it.)

I was very pleased with how these came out. I went back and forth on what to put over the crib. Should I do a bible verse, picture, paint something on the wall, name, etc. And then last Thursday night I was searching online for Inspiration! And through one of my girlfriends blogs, I found this blog. I loved her stuff but know Vim would not see the 'investment' point in purchasing these and she has a lot of orders right now. So I thought, I might not be as good as her but maybe I should give it a shot. I knew I wasn't going to be able to paint the letters...I cannot free hand. So after wondering around Hobby Lobby for a few hours I found these letters in the Paper Mache section for $1.99 a piece. I bought some canvases and some paint and waa-la! I just stuck to the K.I.S.S. formula (keep it simple stupid) and you too can have decorative painted canvases!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Vim's nursery looks great! The name canvases look awesome! Way to go!

Becky said...

I love the way the letters came out - so crafty you are! The nursery looks great, it's alreay for Vim's arrival.

Swan Family said...

Oh my goodness you are so talented!!! Kim at Endless Possiblilites would be so pleased with your work!!!! I had so much fun at your shower and can't wait to little the new little arrival! I might have to hire you to make Gideon's name for his room!!!!;)

Shannon said...

Oh the nursery turned out GREAT!!!! I am glad I am coming home in a few weeks, I miss ya'll so bad!!!