Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Time Part 4...The Final Post

Christmas at the Youngs...We went to my parents house for a couple days after the 25th to celebrate Christmas with them. My sister and her husband were in from Bosnia, so it was a really special treat to have all the family together. Instead of doing stockings for everyone, my mom does 'family' stockings. So each family gets a stocking filled with little treats for everyone---a family movie, snack, candy, something small for the kids, etc.



We open presents in the morning and in the Young house, the tradition has always been to wait at the top of the stairs for a family picture before going down to see the tree. This tradition goes all the way back to my Mom's side of the family and when we were little all the cousins had to wait on the stairs for a picture. I know it sounds tortuous, but it really isn't that bad. It is called suspense. Oh, and no one is allowed to see the tree till we are all 'released' from the top of the stairs.

Those huge white pvc pipe things in the picture are potato guns. All the big boys got one. And they went through about 3 bags of potatoes, limes, cucumbers, and whatever else they could find to shoot off (including a dirty diaper--gross, I know).



William and Bear relaxing together.


This was funny. Vim got this book at our Home Team white elephant gift exchange. He passed it on to my brother-in-law....Can you see the title? "How to Murder Your Mother-In-Law"


Vim got a head messager from my baby sister Samantha. And Vimmer made the funniest reactions when we would put it on his head. He didn't know how to respond!


And of course, what would Christmas be like with out a gun!

We (the boys and occationally me) had a huge nerf war. There were darts everywhere! I am sure my mom will be finding darts for the next few months in odd places. Some people needed a little nap after all the excitment.


The "Young" (and formally Young) girls.



This outfit was Williams. It was one of the first outfits I bought when I was pregnant with him. Well, I have a picture of Wiliam in it on Christmas Eve sitting in Bear and Gigi's yard with baby Jesus. So I had to recreate the moment and put Vimmer in the same outfit. The PJs were a little snug since it was about a size too small but it worked!


A friendly game of Wii Tennis between the Brother-In-Laws. Look for more Wii game snap shots to come...we rocked it out this year- if you know what I mean.



1 comment:

The Reiersons said...

We had the same "stay at the top of the stairs until we are ready for you to come down" picture every year at my house growing up and have kept it up since getting married - love it :) And I just love the one stocking per family idea!!!