Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

One Word- Willie



A couple weekends ago we saw Willie Nelson in one of the coolest venues I have ever been to. The stage is in the middle and it slowly rotates. There are seats all around it and there is not a bad seat in the house. We had third row tickets-- and the walkway to the stage was right next to us--eek! It was probably the best concert I have ever been too. He sang for over 2 hours straight. He was so close he would make eye contact and wave or smile at you. It was awesome. We went with our friends Shannon and Taylor. I some how left
my camera in the car so my sweet husband ran back out to get it. And even though the pictures aren't great--it was well worth his trip. One of the strange things that happened was people kept giving him hats to put on and even a scarf. They would walk up to the stage and try to get his attention. Then, being a good sport he would put the hat on for a few minutes and then throw it out into the audience. I didn't know why the audience members thought Willie wanted to wear their stuff. I really thought people must be quite full of themselves to have the gall to ask Willie to wear their old hats.









THanks Willie for a great concert, even at the age of 76!

No comments: